AIDC-3733

Need Some Advice:
    My set up is as follows:2-meter all band receiver YAESU FT-221R tuneable
144-148 MHz; AIDC-3733 unmodified except 2 meter lo installed; mounted on
Primestar dish in place of original tv converter, mounted on work mate bench
in back yard all manual controlled.I have a switchable 2 meter preamp ubt am
leaving it off because of excessive noise amplifications.
2-meter receive noise w/o input is S-1
2-meter receive noise w/downconverter poweredup is S-7

I have a XC-10A 2.4 GHz TV camera& transmitter. I do not know the freqs of
this unit but I do receive lots noise on upper end of 2 meters - up to +30
db. I do not know what freq this unit works on. Also received MW noise when
wife warmed water in the MW oven.
I tried to find AO-40 last night but heard nothing. I am not real sure if the
unit is working properly or not. I have not found any detectable signal
anywhere. I believe the unit is working because of the receive noise but I am
not sure where. Solid line of 120' trees, both pine and hardwood all around
me but I did expect to hear something last night.
Any suggestions on how I can determine if the downconverter is working or not
and where it might be working. The 4 Megs tuneable on the old two meter all
mode rig is all I have.
Help! Tom, W4EWB At samthomaswalker@cs.com.