Re: July 2001 President's Letter

> That's why I'm proposing QPSK rather than BPSK; since QPSK requires
> half the bandwidth at the same Eb/No, this would halve the transponder
> bandwidth for a given data rate and halve the repeated noise power as
> well.
>
> Phil

Would it add considerable difficulty to use O-QPSK instead. This way class C
uplink amplifiers could be used, or at least we wouldn't have to worry as
much about saturating existing class A amplifiers. I don't think many hams
realize how close to saturation they operate some of their equipment. With a
PSK uplink, this could be a problem.

Howie AB2S