At last....!!!

Hi All

Finally, after a few expletives and stuff up's I was able to hear the AO-40
beacon!!  And a added bonus, the transponder was on!!  To say that I was
excited was an understatement!!  My girl friend still thinks I'm crazy!!

The received signals (especially the beacon) where incredibly strong here in
Wagga Wagga NSW Australia (QF34qv)  I'm using a AIDC 3733 and grid pack
(BBQ?) dish (with K5GNA mods)  Things where that desperate here I had to
borrow a 2mtr box (FT480R) for receiver as my IC 202S does not cover
145.000!!  Any body have crystals!!!!!!

Stations heard and logged where: AI7W, W7OK, KO6RS, VK4AFL, JF1SAG and
VR2XMT.  There many others including some slow scan activity!

Thanks for all the assistance from the "BB"

Next step is making contacts!!!!

Cheers

Michael
VK3TDV/2