Re: AO-40 - TONIGHT's The NIGHT!

>Me too...first time to try to transmit this evening. I spent this morning
>putting a 22 el k1fo 70cm yagi on my cross boom 5 feet off the ground, next
>to my 39" HyperLink Dish and UEK 3000 downconverter. I have about 5 dB of
>coax loss on TX.

I'm just drilled the boom for a FO19 xpol yagi - I've spent the rest
of the afternoon cutting elements on the back deck.  30C and humid
in FN45fl!

I'm mounting the elements about 3mm above a 20mm (3/4 inch) square boom.
I'm guessing about a 2.5 mm boom correction factor.  Anyone on the
amsat-bb have a more exact boom correction factor?

tnx de va3rr/aa8lu

--
73 de va3rr/aa8lu
http://www.qsl.net/va3rr