Re: AO-40

Yes, this evening looks very promising for NA.
Out here in AZ squint drops to 20 degrees at 0251Z @ 18k km and lasts to
0741Z at 54k km.
This will be my very first try of any sort on AO-40 so I'm figuring I'll
get Murphyed, but just in case I get lucky...
	U	18ele M2 linear yagi up to 50W TX
	S	60cm Gabriel solid dish (spec 24.5dBiL) with DEMI 2400-144 downconverter
		Yaesu FT-726R

At 12:01 PM 7/21/01 -0400, W3SZ R Rehr wrote:
>If my keps and alon/alat are correct, it looks like the East Coast of USA (I
>am in FN20) should have a very nice pass of AO-40 late Saturday night to
>early Sunday.
>I show squint from 1 degree to 22 degrees between 03:07 Z and 08:57 Z this
>evening with MA from 19 to 98 during that period of time.  (Actually, the
>squint starts the time period given at 19.6 and ends at 22 degrees, and is
>less than 10 degrees between 03:47 and 06:07 Z).
>So the squint angle should be quite acceptable and the transponder should be
>on for about 5 hours for the East Coast, if my keps/alon/alat are correct.
>I plan to be there; look forward to visiting with the rest of you :)
>Roger Rehr
>W3SZ ex AA3QK, WA3JYM  FN20ah
>2 Merrymount Road
>Reading, PA  19609-1718
Scott Townley
Gilbert, AZ  DM43
HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"