Re: AO-40

Yes, this evening looks very promising for NA.
Out here in AZ squint drops to 20 degrees at 0251Z @ 18k km and lasts to
0741Z at 54k km.
This will be my very first try of any sort on AO-40 so I'm figuring I'll
get Murphyed, but just in case I get lucky...
	U	18ele M2 linear yagi up to 50W TX
	S	60cm Gabriel solid dish (spec 24.5dBiL) with DEMI 2400-144 downconverter
		Yaesu FT-726R

At 12:01 PM 7/21/01 -0400, W3SZ R Rehr wrote:
>If my keps and alon/alat are correct, it looks like the East Coast of USA (I
>am in FN20) should have a very nice pass of AO-40 late Saturday night to
>early Sunday.
>
>I show squint from 1 degree to 22 degrees between 03:07 Z and 08:57 Z this
>evening with MA from 19 to 98 during that period of time.  (Actually, the
>squint starts the time period given at 19.6 and ends at 22 degrees, and is
>less than 10 degrees between 03:47 and 06:07 Z).
>
>So the squint angle should be quite acceptable and the transponder should be
>on for about 5 hours for the East Coast, if my keps/alon/alat are correct.
>
>I plan to be there; look forward to visiting with the rest of you :)
>
>73,
>
>Roger Rehr
>W3SZ ex AA3QK, WA3JYM  FN20ah
>2 Merrymount Road
>Reading, PA  19609-1718
>http://www.qsl.net/w3sz
>
>----

------------
Scott Townley
nx7u@arrl.net
Gilbert, AZ  DM43

HF/VHF/UHF/Satellite MOBILE station
http://www.primenet.com/~nx7u

"When the Going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro"
Raoul Duke, Sportswriter

"Don't worry Boys, we'll weather this Storm of Approval and come out as
Hated as Ever"