RE: Uplink Power

At 13:12 20.07.2001 -0700, Greg D. wrote:

>Hi Jerry,
>
>Yes!  From my earlier experience (pre-arcjet), I got quite a bit
>more of me on the downlink when I switched on the RH/LH relay.
>I believe that the un-energized state is RH (the antenna was a
>ham swap purchase), so that means that LH is better.  These tests
>were post-apogee in the orbit, I believe (MA 145-ish, I think),
>if that makes a difference.
>
>The antenna is a 2x8 element yagi fed with about 60' of somewhat
>soggy 9913.  Barefoot (25w) got a readable signal on CW, but I had
>to turn on the flame thrower to hear my own SSB.
>
>Greg  KO6TH
>

>>From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
>>To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>>Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Uplink Power
>>Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:22:08 +0000
>>
>>Folks,
>>
>>Has anyone else noticed that LHC on UHF uplink produced a stonger downlink
>>than RHC???

Hi folks,
I am using a Maspro crossyagi for the 70cm uplink and I can switch
polarity. Much to my surprise I figured out, that most of the time LHC
gives a stronger signal than RHC. Very often both polarizations give equal
signals. I remember from earlier days on AO-13 there was a substantial
difference between both polarizations in favor of RHC.
73
Reinhard, DJ1KM
Hannover