Re: FT847 & PK 232

John Becker wrote:

> What is the best way (easy) to interface these 2 units.

Depends on what your desired result will be , you could hook up one
radio port on the tnc to the "data" connector of the '847 and the other
radio port to the "packet" connector .

I have a pk900 which is similar but I can talk to either ports in
software without having to  manually push a switch , but it still has
two radio ports .

Are you actually asking what pins on the plugs to connect to to make it
work ?

both manuals have very nice pictorials for that , just make sure to keep
your levels down for fm packet tx going into the radio , because if you
overdrive it , it won't tx .

did this help ? , if not email me privately and I will try to help some
more :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544