When will the stupid whining stop? Probably never.

As those of you who read the bb are aware, I do not normally voice an opinion
on the bb, and those of you to whom I have voiced an opinion know that I
normally do it off-line.... NOT THIS TIME!

When I read the results of the recent planning meeting in VE3RF's letter, I
rejoiced. It takes goobers to announce that the design of this next sat will
be open. It takes brains to figure that if there will be a V beacon, then
there is also the possibility held out that there MIGHT be a V downlink,
although I must say that based upon statements like "I and my "fellow" hams
have decided not to support such an effort", if I had anything to do with the
effort, I would forever discard the idea.

If you really want to have something different, then you and "your fellow
hams" ought to offer to throw some significant money into the pot and lobby
for what you want. Did anyone REALLY SAY that the decisions of the committee
were cast in stone, or did they say that that the total design was OPEN
SOURCE?"

Simply whining and threatening won't do the job. The folks on that committee
are the ones of us who are smart enough to build such a device, and those who
complain are only smart enough to whine and threaten and complain.

About the digital communications idea: That has been going around for some
time, and as I understand it, that particular project is one which has
attracted the high level of talent which will support this project, and
design the bird FOR FREE!

Remember, you and your "amateur friends" will have the opportunity to have
oversight on the entire project, or even (heaven forbid) DO SOME OF THE WORK!.

The complaint that 2.4 GHz is "high tech" any more is absolute CRAP!  And the
communications advances we make may just help to keep the bands which we have.

GET WITH IT, STOP WHINING, and figure out WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!

I just called Martha, and doubled last year's gift. Those of you who are
whining, HOW MUCH DID YOU GIVE?

Mike Honer, W1BFN, amsat LM 2252