RE: Uplink Power

Hi Jerry,

Yes!  From my earlier experience (pre-arcjet), I got quite a bit
more of me on the downlink when I switched on the RH/LH relay.
I believe that the un-energized state is RH (the antenna was a
ham swap purchase), so that means that LH is better.  These tests
were post-apogee in the orbit, I believe (MA 145-ish, I think),
if that makes a difference.

The antenna is a 2x8 element yagi fed with about 60' of somewhat
soggy 9913.  Barefoot (25w) got a readable signal on CW, but I had
to turn on the flame thrower to hear my own SSB.

Greg  KO6TH