RE: Uplink Power

Folks,

Has anyone else noticed that LHC on UHF uplink produced a stonger downlink
than RHC???

That was my observation Wednesday night from Virginia.

I also see that 60,000 km and squint = 30, that with 2000 watts EIRP on UHF
uplink I could just barely detect my cw signal. (was getting about 20
percent good CRC on telemetery)

So I go the full range from having too much UHF power at lower ranges and
squint to not enough at greater. HI This is what keeps us young and excited
with ham radio I guess.

Jerry, W6IHG