RE: AHA! My Rx Problem Explained!

Ah yes,

But the sun works on cloudy days as an antenna pointing calibration by
peaking the sun noise, then comparing the rotator readouts against
predicted az and el.  Once you are calibrated and aligned this method is
great for a "quick check".  Tests pointing and system NF peformance in one
simple observation.

Ed
PS: don't throw away the compass :-)