APRS Satellite Launch soon

The Naval Academy's PCsat will launch at 0100z on 1 Sept from Kodiak
Alaska.  Its telemetry and all user traffic is plain-ole' 1200 baud AX.25
receivable on any 2 meter HT and TNC (or kenwood all-in-one radio).  The
only problem is that we (east coast) won't see it for 9 hours!

We can't stand the wait, so we want to have trusted agents standing by in
these areas to report reception.  For the first days, user access will be
disbled, but Telemetry should be heard once a minute on any HT...

0100z  Launch Kodiak Alaska
0210z  Separation over Somalia (viewable Israel and India, maybe Athens)
0237z  Pass over Alaska
0247z  Pass over Hawaii
0336z  Pass over South Africa
0355z  Pass over Eastern Europe
0515z  Pass over Brazil
0540z  Pass over Europe
0625z  Pass over Australia
0900z  Pass over East Coast USA

Unfortunately these are all just before sun up in most areas, so it is not
going to be a casual pass for most of us...  Obviously we have plenty of
APRS contacts in Europe, Hawaii, Brazil and Australia, (see
http://www.aprs.net) but we would like backups in Israel, India, Alaska
and South Africa...

If you are available as a point of contact in your area of the world, let
us know.  Ideally, you are familiar with APRS and have internet access and
can just feed the downlink to the above WEB page in real time (any APRS
program can do this)..

The web page below will be updated with more launch and user info (once we
seal it in the shipping container next week and have nothing else to do
but wait)...  Thanks!

Once PCsat is in orbit, you will have worldwide HT packet communications
and tracking capability (in areas with no QRM).  In other areas,
hopefully, everyone will share equitably and reserve normal use for
travelers and demos.....;-)

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

PCsat Design        http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html
APRS SATELLITES     http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html