what a night

All,

Wow again.  Make 12 contacts last night before going to bed. Was losing my
downlink by then (almost 38K). If I had not know where it was (with the
Radio Tuner) I would not have found it.

I had a wonderful "problem" at the beginning. I could not turn the power
down low enough. HI Had the FT-847 all the way down to 3 watts. Thought I
would switch polarity on the UHF beam. Guess what? Left hand polarity gave
a much stronger signal. Interesting.

Now to think about improving the antenna. Have most of the mechanical
details thought thru. Waiting on N panel connectors to start experimenting.
Have a bunch of helixes sitting on my desk that I wound for practice. Found
a little scrap piece of PVC (only 9 inches long) that is thin wall stuff
that has good diameter. My constraint is helix has to fit over 1 inch
square aluminum tube. Will look at hardware store today to see (of course I
don't remember where or why I had thin wall PVC for anything)

Thanks to all for my education program.

Jerry, W6IHG