Congrats to N5AFV on his 5,000 sat qso

I was fortunate to work allen, n5afv, this morning. it was his 5,000th satellite
qso since he started chasing satellites about a year ago. all of his operation
has been either handheld or mobile as he has no antennas set up at his
house. he also has completed 250 grid squares on satellite (which i will
check his upgrade this evening).

what got him into satellite operations? a demonstration by me working the
satellites with my ht at field day. that's all it takes sometimes for a new ham or
an old ham to get the satellite bug.

so, next time you hear a station on at a ham fest or school giving a demo, be
sure you work them and let everyone else work them. nothing is more of a
hoot than having a crowd and people calling you from all over.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot