re:squint

Thanks for the info Bill, I am using Logsat for tracking so will compare it to IT, I have a really old copy of IT (DOS pre 2000) so don't know how it will work, anyway, I am interested in what you copied from the bird last nght at Appogee, (abt 60,000km) I could just hear the beacon, no good crc, no s meter reading using the Austar MDS d/c and 2.4m dish , FT736, 3 turn helix feed. I have no idea of the noise figure of this d/c LNA, so would like to compare it to something else in Aus.
Cheers

John de VK4JWT