From: "John VK4JWT" <61419640761@mobilenet.telstra.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:35 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] VK4 AO-40 results squint?

> Hello everyone,
> I thought I would post my results from last night's pass, and see if
anyone in VK had similar results. At 10:47UTC the range was 43000km, phase
51, doppler -13.9Khz, sun angle 41.8, squint 110.8. Signal strength 5
s-points above the noise using FT736, 2.4m dish with offset helix,
Australian MDS downconverter.
> Thanks to everyone who replied to my squint question, but I am still
confused, the Alon/Alat was 313/0 last night from the sat, I subtracted 313
from 360, which gave me 47, so I put this 47/0 into logsat, and came up with
a squint angle of 110.8. Is this correct? If so why was I getting such a
good signal with the spacecraft antenna presumably pointing 110 deg away
from me?