N2V Special Event

Thanks to all that worked N2V this past weekend! I ended up working 99
stations over the 2 days of operation from the ferry "Cumberland". Most all
of the contacts were made while in motion travelling between Vermont and New
York across Lake Champlain.

My equipment was an FT-847 and tripod mounted Arrow antenna. I was using a
Garmin GPS III. This provided directional information so I could correlate
where the bird was compared to the direction the ferry was travelling. It was
really a challenge to work AO-10 and the FO birds while in motion on the
ferry. Adjusting antenna position/polarity and correcting for doppler really
kept me busy. I'll seriously consider computer aided tuning next time.
Working the FM birds was easy because of the constant carrier that can be
used as an aid for antenna position/polarity.

The biggest problem was a consistent S3-S5 noise floor aboard the ferry. I
know I missed some QSO's because of the noise level. I also believe I may
have inadvertantly stepped on a few qso's. For this I apologize.

There is a certificate available for working N2V. The qsl info is:

Special Event N2V
c/o CVARC
P.O. Box 113
Morrisonville, NY 12962