Re: R: AO-40 < clarification, helix question....

i8cvs wrote:

> Hello Jens,
>
> For my 3 turn helix feed i uses 3 mm diameter silver plated copper wire.
> The RF current flow on the surface of the wire by skin effect and any bit
> of dB help !
>
> 73 de i8CVS Domenico

Sounds neat Domenico , so you got my grey cells going and I started
thinking about Pieter's helix with the metal tape , and I was wondering
which would be better for GHz use because of skin-effect , the solid
copper wire or the flat copper tape ?

Would the extra surface area of the tape make it more efficient ?

Haven't built any helix's yet and was thinking about buying some of the
tape to mess with .....

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544