AUX batteries on AO-40

Ok, I remember reading Peters comments a few months ago about the AUX
batteries on AO-40.  But I just looked at the telem (btw, I'm pushing to
Goddard) and the voltage is down to 10V on the AUX batteries.

Was there a message about them that I missed?  I didn't think it was wise to
take NICADS down to less than 1.1V/cell?  In all the hobbies that I've been
in that use nicads, that was always a no-no.

Anyone?
Alan