Mode L helix using copper tubing

I remember someone mentioning forming a 1269 Mhz helix using copper tubing.
I believe he or she mentioned just flattening the end that is the matching
section.  Could that person email me back repeating what exactly was done
and how the helix performs?  I am in the middle of building the same type of
helix.  Thanks.

Kevin Smith
N3HKQ
FN00be