AO-40 Quick Status (V/U-TX)

Hello dear all,

the Quick-Status at http://www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d.htm
is what I call best guess, from the information I saw somewhere else
(AO-40 team reports and received telemetry).

Concerning the U-TX I recommend to have a close look to the
recorderd events immediately after launch. Keeping in mind the
U-TX should have been turned on three hours after separation
to avoid risks of destruction by arcjets etc in the outgasing
AO-40 frame and modules, I myself see little chance to expect
the U-TX alive.

On the other hand the V-TX went silent when everything including
the IHU-1 stopped on Dec 13th. The short attempt of 1 MA-count
was with bad telemetry on S-band and perhaps an IF-matrix set to
no signal on the V-TX. Even if the V-TX perhaps has transmitted
for some time into an open or shorted coax of the omnis (which
were on during the incident), there might be some chance for
survival, as your PA in the VHF-TRX at home may handle bad SWR
too. That's why I give V more chance than U.

By the way thanks to all who mailed in the last days and find
the Quick-Status helpful. And I'm sorry for the inconvenience
the unsolved link from AMSAT-DL's homepage to the AO-40 info
caused. Try again now.

73, Frank
DL6DBN