Re: phase shift with coax

At 06:08 PM 7/12/01 -0700, Clifford Buttschardt <cbuttsch@slonet.org> wrote:

>Hi Vince.  I have an AOP1 as well in the original box.  Before I do too
>much with it, can you tell me if simply constructing decent phasing
>harnesses will resurrect this antenna?  I trying to put together something
>with wing nuts for portable operation and require only circular
>polarization---non switchable is just fine.  Cliff K7RR

My harness that came with come with the 2 meter works well although I'm not
happy with its construction. The 70cm design is not good, so I bought the
polarization relay for it and saw 100% improvement. It should work well for
mobile operation as you plan. I'm still putting my station back together
after field day so I plan to recheck everything and make changes before I
put it back on the masts.  I've always used a fiberglass boom with this
antenna so I can't tell you what performance is like with the metal one
they give you.

If you what to sell it, let me know!

73 de KB7ADL