RE: Ariane 5 failure

Hello Lee

> An experimental communications satellite for the European Space Agency
(ESA)
> and a Japanese direct broadcast television satellite are circling Earth in
> useless orbit thanks to a botched Ariane 5 launch from South America on
> Thursday.

Yes I saw this on the BBC TV news this morning.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1435000/1435643.stm

In the simple terms of TV news, they stated on the TV news that there was a
chance of being able to maneuver the Artemis experimental satellite using
its two motors. The Japanese sat is space junk as it only had one motor.
(!?!?)

73 Howard G6LVB