RE: ISS School Group Contact or "Telebridging...... AMSat... NOT!"

The "proper" way to do this is to have radio at both ends, then the kids get
the "hands on" experience of using a radio.  Whatever's in the middle is of
less relevance these days, as current linking projects go.

And it is kind of "cool" to be talking to ISS from the comfort of your HT
(even with a bit of help from other technology).  Just ask the two young
girls down here who were thrilled enough to work the USA from their father's
work van.  Wonder how they'd feel if the other end was on the ISS!

I'm sure I could work out how to get an IRLP node talking to ISS to make
that possible. :-)

IOW, as long as the school end has the radio component, it doesn't matter
what's in the middle...  telebridge, IRLP, HF link or direct...

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.