Re: more AO40 status

I remember (and maybe incorrectly so) that there was a message from the command
team around the time of the first experimental transponder usage that they were
planning to do more testing on the V and U band transmitters.  I don't ever
remember hearing that this test was conducted.  Based on this, shouldn't the
status for the U band transmitter be 'more tests to do' instead of 'failed'.
Does anybody have any knowledge of the U band transmitter being turned on other
then the initial attempt right after the launch?

I can't help but think that either the AO-40 quick status is wrong with regard
to the U band TX, or that I missed some news about it some where along the way
- which is entirely possible.

Mark McGregor - KB9KHM