intermod

All,

I can still hear just fine according to UO-11 passes.

I measured these spurs by leaving the downlink constant (no doppler
corections) and moving the transmitter frequency. Looking at ao40rcv, I set
the mouse cursor in the middle of the pass band and the logged the
frequency as I moved each spur under the mouse cursor.  The average
seperation between 35 spurs was 882 hertz. The spurs went all the way from
435.490 to 435.600. Above that no sign of spurs. So the interference is at
the top of the S band range from 2401.450 to 2401.495. Below that the
quarter wave stub has made them much, much less.

I don't understand the interference mechanism.  They are in-band signals
(that is they move in same direction as real signals)
So it is not an image problem. But the seperation between spurs is
reasonable constant (within the accuracy of my measurement technique) so
they don't spread out as beat frequencies would.

???

Jerry, W6IHG