Re: Seeking info on stacked helices

Howie and the group.  Indeed, even on 435.1 MHz, tapered phasing lines
behind helix arrays are not good at all.  It is my feeling that the open
lines can radiate loosing energy.  We built a large 16 helix array
composed of four clusters of four antennas for the Mars Global Surveyor
project.  Many hours later we eventually matched all sixteen antennas
individually to fifty ohms and combined them in a power divider.  If for
no other reason than being able to know each antenna is optimized while
interacting with the neighboring element is of great value. 73 Cliff K7RR