Re: Seeking info on stacked helices

> but I would very much like to know if anyone have
> actually built the 4 helix construction from the
> ARRL Antenna Book on 2.4 GHz with a good documented
> result.
>
> I have made measurements and adjusted a 23 cm array
> with 4 helix antennas as described in the Antenna Book -
> but attempts on 2.4 GHz turned out very badly.

Many years ago I built a four helix array using tapered lines as described
in the Antenna Book and it too turned out badly. I built a single L-band
helix for listening to Inmarsat and it worked quite well. The array did not
work at all. I suspect the tapered lines are allot more critical than I had
expected.

Howie AB2S