Re: Murata/K5GNA PCB Filter Plots..

Fred,
Thanks for the quantitative & graphical data.  Let me offer a little
qualitative observation from installing the K5GNA Murata filter in a TSI 3733.

I have been using local MMDS channels to check out various downconverters and
antennae for a while--more as a "does it work or not?" kind of pass/fail
test.  I also have used these signals for various kinds of comparison tests.
The 3733 is a hot little unit for MMDS, noticeably better than a stock Drake
connected to my now-standard-test-jig (a 16-turn helix pointed at Discovery
Channel from a second story bedroom window).  After I installed the Murata
filter, the picture from the MMDS channels (about 2520 MHz) was, well,
crappy.  It was all snowy and had bad audio.  I immediately realized this was
due to the sharp roll off of the filter.  The d/c performs very well for 2401
MHz, as I am using it right now to capture telemetry from AO-40 at  62,000 km
(lots of synchs but no good CRC's right now at MA=128).  For those that are
curious, or perhaps think I am kidding, here's a screen shot that I use as a
consistent test pattern for my not-quite-the-way-the-professionals-do-it
comparative analysis:

http://members.aol.com/k5oe/mmds.jpg

73,
Jerry, K5OE

fspinner@hotmail.com writes:

> It's been awhile since my last insanity.  I decided to check the K5GNA
>  PCB/Murata DFC22R44P084BHD Dielectric filter.  Also, I editoralized a bit
on

>  the page, and overall the filter board looks like a good board for the
AIDC