Re: Property tax on Satellites ;)

Well, we have Bangladesh now wanting to sue the USA for some stupid reason
like we pollute too much or something.  The rest of the world thinks we
pollute so much, yet the air I breathe is very clean and the air I breathed
over in Asio was horrible.  Yet the USA is the first there in disasters, we
send more doctors to hot spots to combat disease, we give more food to those
in starvation, etc. than everyone else combined.  Oh well.

Back to satellites.  This satellite tax is about as stupid and ludicrous a
thing that I can think of.  There are just some people in government that
just want to get their hands on every single dollar they can.  They are a
bunch of greedy bastards.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 7/11/01 6:08 PM, Jens H. Jensen at topcat@mail1.stofanet.dk wrote:

> At 10:20 11-07-2001, you wrote:
>> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010710/tc/life_satellites_dc_1.html
>
> Yet more taxes, huh!
>
> Well, beat this:
> In Denmark we already have, allthough indirectly, a TAX ON BREATHING!!
>
> The government has a long time ago put an extra tax on fuel, which is
> supposed to discourage or lower carbondioxide emission. But, as you know,
> we all exhale this stuff! :-))
>
> Oh well, Inhaling is still supposedly taxfree, too bad Exhaling is a needed
> action after this. :-)
>
> Wonder how long it lasts......
>
> Have anyone heard of an Oxygen-tax coming up?

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na