Re: Seeking info on stacked helices

>I would like to talk to those who have stacked helices for 2.4GHz.  I have
>one 20T helix and I want to improve things. How difficult is it?
>How is it done?  Is there much to be gained, besides 3DB?

Hi Allen,

There was a  good article in one of the ARRL publications ... the Antenna Handbook, I
think. It described a method of stacking 4 helix antennas against a common screen
reflector and used tapered lines running in to a central "N" connector to achieve the feed
and matching section. Very simple looking and easy to duplicate. I don't have the article
here but I'm sure someone will give you a detailed reference. On 2.4 GHz you could hold it
one hand ... a definite possibility for S-band. I built one several years ago for 70cm and
it worked well on ao-10.

Bill ... vk3jt
Milawa
Australia