Re: ArcJet Updates Etc

>After all, my airplane already has a "no crashing" placard... :-)
>
>  73 de Maggie K3XS

Thank you for reminding me of something that the instructor who took me all
the way to the ATR (bet you dont know what that was) when I was 18 taught me
a long time ago...

All the airplanes I or my wife fly do have "no crashing" placards...doesnt
yours?

All of the ones that I or my wife fly do...they are called "The Pilot in
Command".

The difference between Amateur pilots and Professional ones is that the
latter know its not the wings on the airplane that get you home...its the
wings on the PIC.

I share a story with you from those days.  I was working on my
commercial/instrument (at 18) and read some article from Flying that said
"there are pilots who have landed gear up and the rest who will" and as my
instructor (Captain "Knife" Whetstone) was briefing me for the flight I
thought I would interject that.

Knife reared back on his heels and said "BULLXXXX" (you fill in the rest)...
then he said "How many pilots retire because of the age 60 rule from
commercial flying"?  I shrugged my shoulders and he goes on "More then land
gear up"..."Professionals know the value of checklist and procedures and
never not a single solitary time deviate from those".

I could go on and I leave the relevance of the story to the students who are
incessantly praising people who really if you think about it havent gotten a
single thing right yet.

Your airplanes might not carry a no crash placard but if you get on my wifes
airplane (she flies really big ones for a major US airline and her other
airplanes are a TOMCAT AND a really old Cardinal) then you can for darn sure
rest assurred her's does.

So does mine. Its not the wings on the airplane...its the ones on the pilot.

Robert