R: R: phase shift with coax

----- Original Message -----
From: Stan Vandiver <Stan@Vandiver.com>
To: i8cvs <domenico.i8cvs@tin.it>
Cc: amsat-bb <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: R: [amsat-bb] phase shift with coax

> Hi Domenico and all,
>
> On 10 Jul 2001, at 17:16, i8cvs wrote:
>
> > As you realize this coax lines uses crimped PL connectors and i  see
> > that your 10-5/8" measurement refers only to the lengh of the outside
> > black jacket of the cable that you see between the crimped  ends  of
> > the PL connector and not to the entire line leght considering in it
> > both lenghts of the connector itself .
>
> These indeed seem to be factory crimped pieces that I have... but
> the length that I gave is from tip-to-tip, not just the jacketing
> between connectors.  Another friend has the same 10-5/8"
> dimension tip-to-tip too.  So its interesting that your cables are
> different.
>
> 73 de Stan/W4SV

Hi   Stan,

The lenght of each electrical 1/4 wavelenght of my original phasing harness
for the A144-20 T antenna is exactly 34 cm or 13,38 inches from tip to tip
on the crimped PL connectors.

If  i connect one end of this cable to the barrel and the other end to the
"T" than i get 34,375 mm or 13,533 inches from the middle of the barrel
to the middle of the "T" and this is correct for 144 MHz

Dont forget that this type of antenna was produced as well for non amateur
frequencies and the size of your phasing  harness is not for 144 MHz  but
for a higher one around 183 MHz

73 de i8CVS Domenico