Another Great AMSAT/Hamsat Project for July!!!

Hello!

I have once again been talking with the Associate Publisher at "73", Francis
Marion, about the possibility of doing another Special Satellite issue.
After a number of phone calls they have agreed to do this for the November
2001 issue.  This means that the issue will be on the street in mid-October.
With Phase 3D now in orbit as AMSAT-OSCAR-40, this seemed like a great way
to get the word out to the general ham community about AMSAT and the
amateur-radio satellite program.

BUT, we need articles!

What facet of amateur satellite purusits are you into?  We would like to
have construction articles, info articles, software reviews, travel logs,
procedure articles, people and satellite profile articles, digital, analog,
APRS, etc., etc.  If you have been involved with any of the special issues
in the past, it's time to do it again.  If you have never been published
before, this is a great opportunity.  Last year ALL of the submissions made
it to print.  Payment for your submission will be made within 30 days of
publication (per Francis Marion at 73).

THE DETAILS:

1.  Complete articles with pictures, drawings, etc., need to be in the "73"
offices no later than August 9th.  (I wasn't kidding when I said it was a
JULY project.)

2.  Send e-mail to me (andrew.macallister@daniel.com) as soon as you know
your topic so that we can avoid duplication of efforts.

3.  Mark your submission "Solicited article for the Special Satellite
Issue", and also note "Attn:  Joyce Sawtelle".

4.  Mail to:  73 Amateur Radio Today Magazine, 70 Hancock Road,
Peterborough, NH 03458-1107.

"How to write for 73" guidelines are available on request.  US citizens,
please include your Social Security number with submitted manuscripts so we
can submit it to you know who."  It's easy to send submissions via e-mail
and I have the details if you wish to go "electronic".

How about it?

It's also time to get in print, get paid for it, and help promote AMSAT!

Sounds like a good JULY Project to me...
73 de Andy W5ACM,
AMSAT VP User Services