AO40 alon/alat, transponder, reaction wheels

John Wilcox wrote:

So, when can we expect AO-40 communications transponder operation to return???

Wayne replies:

Good question!!!  I'm sure all of us would like to know:

1. The expected progression of Alon/Alat for the next 20 or so orbits? (even a rough estimate)

2. At which Alon/Alat will the transponder be turned on again?

3. Will reaction wheel testing induce Alon/Alat values that are unusable for transponder operation?
(no doubt the answer depends on whether or not the reaction wheels function properly)

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA