Re: UO-11 "S" band beacon

Chris, Clive,
That is pretty interesting.  Has anyone inquired at UoS about this?  Is it local only when over the command station perhaps?  I have listened to UO-11's S-band beacon regularly for the last 2 months on the weekend mid-day passes and have never heard any modulation.  This past Saturday and Sunday the signals were very strong, peaking about 6 S-units above the noise.  I can provide sample wav files on request.  I do note on ascending passes, it is very strong at AOS, jumping out of the noise, but is much weaker at LOS, barely perceptable above the noise.  I assume this may be due to antenna orientation, but am just guessing.
73,
Jerry, K5OE