Re: Re: xm-1 satellite as test sig

Hi Wayne,

For background, my setup is based on the Drake 2880 which was modified
by moving the local oscillator to 2100mhz.  This makes the stock IF
passband of the Drake (222 to 408 mhz) cover 2322 to 2508 mhz input.
My IF receiver is an ICOM R7000 wide band all mode scanner, set for
upper sideband.

I found the satellite signal very broad in frequency; tuning +/- 100's
khz or more showed a broad peak with a few dips here and there.  I
forget the exact numbers, but it was clear that tuning wasn't very
critical.

73s,

Greg  KO6TH