Re: DEM converter mounting

Hello Dave,

I am using the newer DEM Inc RX down converter with a Meyers BBQ
grill dish. I added a 1/4" x 1" x 8" strip of stock aluminum and
a 2" Harbach SS U-bolt. The RX converter is mounted to the AL stock,
diagonally on the bottom using existing mounting holes on the
converter chassis. This is then mounted on the fiberglass crossboom
with the u-bolt. I connect the antenna pigtail directly to the RF
input on the converter. The chassis cover is gasketed. Be sure to
grease the cover screws to prevent seizure.

I have considered adding a RUBBERMAID plastic trash can over the
converter to keep rain off, but that may restrict the cooling air
flow.

The connectors and LED point downwards. The led hole is not sealed,
nor is the phone connector for DC connection.

I use DC injected onto the coax in the shack for power.

Stan, WA1ECF