Re: xm and norad ele NORAD keps Set 105 still off, and orbit number wrong!

You guys trying for the xm1 xm2 satellites,  what I do is adjust gain so it
is quite low then listen for
a noise rise when I swing the antenna to the satellite, and on the big dish,
since its so slow,
I just use the S meter readings.

In reguard to the elements and finding which ones are good and bad,
I used winorbit and gave each elset a descriptive name so I could plot them
together,
and the best fit match is the one on 183.97 days. It mached my readout
to less than a degree.

Several times I tried to find AO40 and just couldnt, the other day I couldnt
again, then
it finally started fading in, as if it was hiding the transmit antenna on
the other side of the satellite.
It was in the right spot but must have squinted the other way.

I think Norad has trouble with high elliptical satellites, getting a good
fit when it is swinging low
I always notice with the big dish how far off it is at these times. If they
dont have a ground
station reading when it swings low, all they can match is the high part of
the orbit.
Well judge for your self, the main tracking stations are

http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/nssrm/initiatives/maui.htm
Related Initiatives (U): Name Title
CSOC Consolidated Space Operations Centers (CSOC)
Diego Garcia Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS)
at Diego Garcia
Diego Garcia GEODSS Upgrades Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space
Surveillance (GEODSS) Upgrades at Diego Garcia
GEODSS Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System (GEODSS)
Maui GEODSS Upgrades Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance
(GEODSS) Upgrades at Maui
MSSS Maui Space Surveillance System (MSSS)
NCMC-TW/AA NORAD Cheyenne Mountain Complex (NCMC) Threat Warning/Attack
Assessment
Optical C3 Facility Optical C3 Facility
Socorro Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS) at
Socorro
Socorro GEODSS Upgrades Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance
(GEODSS) Upgrades at Socorro
This Table Is Unclassified.
Related Requirements (U):None.

So you are going to get good elements when a variety of good passes occur
over these sites.
Then dont forget the radars in AK and TX.
The Russians lost some of their optical tracking sites,
due to the split of countries,
http://www.ehis.navy.mil/eurogram/janfeb98/Miller.htm
and they do share some elements with the 'hearsat' group, but not in two
line format.
I wouldnt be surprised if there are several Canadian sites too, since they
share some resources with USA.

I go out and check some of the elsets for secret sats the Seesat guys
generate and they are only seconds off,
and based purely on optical starbackground observers. They run on a
different level than me thats for
sure. Althoug I think I downloaded most of the programs they use to generate
the elsets from a few
observations.
I can tell if somethings off by a few degrees of point on my 3m dish, if I
am radiotracking it.