Re: ArcJet Update

Thanks for the update, Stacey!

This answers a number of questions that I had, and also underscores
how dedicated the command team is in making AO-40 a showcase of the
Ham Radio hobby.  When the logic and risk criteria are explained,
it is clear to me that all of the right decisions were taken.

As you point out, this *is* rocket science.  The ArcJet engine has
very little real-world exposure; it's an experiment, and a very good
one.  When all of the dust has settled on the past few weeks, your
command team will have more practical knowledge about this little gem
than almost anyone else on the planet.  That is a contribution that
you can be proud of.

Finally, I can imagine the pressure the command team feels from the
Ham community at large to get everything turned on.  With appologies
to a previous post, "stay cool, take your time, but lay off the
vallium".

73s,

Greg  KO6TH