Re: G5400 assy question

Hello Allen,

for my yaesu G5400B:

I always use a tenacious marine grease on all threads installed
outdoors. A 1 lb can is a few bucks ar Wal-Mart.
Salt water is about 1.5 miles away from my home.

	LubriMatic Marine corrosion control and trailer wheel
	bearing grease, reads the label.

This grease or any other grease, not only lubricates the mating
threads as a anti seize compound on installation, but it also fills
up the voids in the thread,  preventing the acid rain from entering
and corroding. An added feature is you can undo the bolt when it
needs to be re-aligned or removed/replaced.

How many of us have tried to remove a nut from a stainless steel bolt
or u-bolt and torqued it off, broken ?  The grease will help prevent
this problem.

On the black covers to the terminal strips, I added 2 each brass
screws per cover to provide me electrical access to the 2 spare
wires I used in the control cable. My rotators required 6 wires,
I installed the 8 conductor wire I had on hand. The extra conductors
were used to control the circular polarization of the 2M and the
70 cm cross-pol antennas. I did not seal up the control cable at the
black cover. I prefer to allow water to drain out. A fiber gasket was
provided for the covers.

Stan, WA1ECF