From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Jerry Pixton
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 4:37 PM
To: hasan schiers; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Beacon freq?

Hasen,

Even with doppler correction, I have been finding the beacon 10 to 15 Khz
high or low on differerent passes. I don't see a pattern yet. I have my
downlink LO frequency pretty well guesstimated using UO-11 (assuming it
really is at 2401.500000) That seemed to be the consensus of the group
except someone said the other day 2401.505000. At any rate the AO-40 beacon
we are saying is at 2401.323 Mhz.  So the message is look around up to 60
Khz plus or minus without doppler corrections. Even with them I am seeing
plus or minus 10khz.  I am beginning to contribute most of this error to
timing errors.

Jerry, W6IHG