phase shift with coax

Hi all,

This is probably a no-brainer, but I will ask anyway. I'm needing to
make a new phasing harness for a Cushcraft A144-20T to generate
circular polarization.  I have 2 of the 3 pieces that are original, and
they seem to be somewhat shorter than I expect (about 10-5/8").

Is the "free space" formula for 1/4 wavelength (246 * velocity factor /
freq in MHz) = length in feet) the correct way to calculate the
lengths for these pieces? Do I need to factor in a little length to
account for the barrel connector between the parallel phasing line
and the delay line? Or account for the "T" connector that splits to
the horizontal and vertical sections of this beam?

The connectors might explain why the Cushcraft pieces seem a
little short.  But also I do not know the velocity factor of the coax
that they used, so I'm kinda confused on how to replace them. I'm
thinking of replacing all of them, but maybe the better choice would
be to just make one to replace the missing piece (which is one of
the RG-59 75-ohm legs)?

Will there be any good way for me to judge the effectiveness of the
circular pattern.... or is SWR the only measurement I can make?

Your comments are welcome!

73 de Stan/W4SV