Amsat-UK Colloquium 2001

The 16th AMSAT-UK Colloquium will be held at Surrey University, Guildford,
Surrey, U.K., from Friday 27 July to Sunday 29 July 2001. Full details of
the event are at <http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium.htm>

The provisional Programme is now on the Amsat-UK web site, check out:
<http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium/program.htm>

Booking forms were sent to Amsat-UK members with the last edition of our
Oscar News publication. The event is, of course, open to non-members who
can obtain a booking form from either
<http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium/form2001.doc> or
<http://www.uk.amsat.org/colloquium/form2001.pdf>

Other Attractions
This year we have the sessions for satellite beginners on the Friday
afternoon; details are in the programme.

One of the regular features of the Colloquium is the ability to go and take
a look at the SSTL "factory"; we call these the Ground Station Tours. They
will, of course be available as usual this year.

We hope to be able to put on the usual demonstration of hand-held satellite
operation on the Saturday. There is a possible surprise lurking on the
sidelines too; more about that if circumstances are favourable for it.

Our resident Microwave gurus will be here again this year to test any gear
you want them to. They will also be bringing equipment for 2.4GHz antenna
gain testing; this will be available all day Saturday and early on Sunday
morning.

The competition for a new logo for the AMSAT OSCAR 40 satellite will be
judged by the delegates and the results in the closing session. These will
also be announced on amsat-bb and the Amsat-UK web site Sunday evening UK
time. There is about one week left for entries to the competition; see
<http://www.uk.amsat.org/ao40logo.htm> for details and some of the entries.

BTW: I had no offers for the "show and tell" (10 minute) slots so I have
cancelled them and filled their slots with more formal speakers.

Amsat-UK hope to see everyone there; come for a full weekend or just for a
day - we promise good information *and* an excellent social occasion.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
Programme organiser
g3rwl@amsat.org