Re: Murata Filters...

Michael,

I have successfully modified a couple of AIDC 3733 downconverters.  Bob's
straight pin suggestion worked reasonably well.  I used a Weller temperature
controlled small wattage (25 watt) soldering iron.

However, I don't have a favorite flux remover as suggested by Bob's latest
instruction set.  I don't know how important it is to remove soldering flux.
My units seem to work well but I don't have a nf meter to make any
measurements.

AO-40 MB signals with low squint angles (<30 degrees) are 5 to 10 db over 9
on my FT-736R with a S3 to 4 noise floor.

Good luck,

Ken - K5GUU