Re: Moon keps

At 04:14 PM 7/6/2001 +0000, paglia@inrete.it wrote:
>I would like to track moon and sun with the help of  Supertrak by ON6UG (a
>stand alone sat traker like Trakbox) but I need keplerian elements in NASA
>2 line format.....

Keplerian elements for the Sun are no problem, since the Earth's
orbit around the Sun is just like a satellite's orbit around the Earth.
Elements for the Moon, though, don't work very well, because the
two bodies in question interact.  It's possible to rig up a set of
Keps for the Moon, but they only last a few months before the
errors add up.  So instead of a set of elements, I suggest you get
a program that can generate a set of elements on demand.

You can find one on http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftpsoft.html#pc-trk,
look for "MoonKeps".  As it happens, this zip file also includes a set
of elements for the Sun.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org