RE: UO-11 beacon

Hello Domenico,

I was surprised by the level when I first listened for UO-11 here in Central
England on an afternoon pass on the 10 June as it was very strong with
modulation.
I then recorded an afternoon pass on the 24th June and using my old
demodulator (Jan '83 RadCom design) decoded some telemetry that proved it
was UO-11. I passed the .wav fiile to Clive G3CWV and he got slightly better
good data with his G3RUH demod.
I listened to an early morning orbit on 28 June and only heard a really low
level carrier, but for the main afternoon orbit it was again strong but
unfortunately I slightly overloaded the PC soundcard and couldn't decode
anything from the file.
On 30 June I only heard a low level carrier pass in the afternoon but again
on 1 July an afternoon pass produced some decodeable telemetry.
The modulation sounds quite low level to me.
When the carrier is strong I see it at up to an unscientific "10+ over 9" on
my TR9000 fed from a 1.5m dish, 2.5t RHCP feed, G3WDG LNA, and SSB
Electronics converter (circa 1986). Coldish sky is about S1-2. When it's low
level I can only detect it using CW/SSB and get no S meter reading at all.
I haven't got a record of the exact orbit numbers here at work but could
pass them on when I get home if you want. I hope that's of some use.

73's Chris G4SDG