Fwd: Re: UO-11 Beacon

>Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 11:36:14 -0800
>To: "Mike West" <wl7bqm@gci.net>
>From: "Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@ptialaska.net>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] UO-11 Beacon
>
>Hi Mike,
>
>Keep me honest...I didn't recall that correctly.  I guess using your spare
dish and feed my Drake did work, weakly.  The main point is preamps are
needed to do any serious stuf!  When we get low squints, I will try the
little 18-inch dish again, using the preamp this time.  Mainly to report to
the bb how that works...there was a lot of interest back a couple months.
I'll stick with the 33-inch dish though!