Re: NASA elements set 103

 STSPLUS always worked with any type of bird, LEO or HEO. What did _not_ work
for HEO sats was the tabular pass prediction algoritm (it wouldn't work with
mean motion smaller than 1.5 if I recall correctly). With this new version
the limit has been decreased and pass prediction now works with satellites
like AO40.

  As for accuracy, it will work well enough for hams, but it won't equal a
program properly designed for HEO sats. That is because STSPLUS uses the SGP4
orbital model in its calculations. This model is more suited for LEO orbits.
For deep space orbits (birds like AO40's) one should use the SDP4 model and
not SGP4.

  Anyway for our kind of activities I think it works good enough since we
hams use relatively large beamwidth antennas, at least on AO40, so there
shouldn't be any problems. STSPLUS is the program I use at my shack, its one
of my favorites for its simplicity and efficiency.

regards

   Claudio
   CT3KD