Re: focal lenght and helix

All,

Thanks for the info. Even us "old" hams can learn new tricks. hi.

URL for other's interested.

www.phillips-tech.com

Select Internet Grids from main page and you see two Parabolic Grid
Antennas. I have the SPG-36. The SPG-24 was the Dayton Special.

So just for prespective - the pod containing the "log periodic" starts at
14.5 inches. I measured where 15 inch point was but did not measure full
length. Next time I lower the tower.

Just waiting for the next transponder time. After some contacts, then I
will make some more improvements.

But this dish, with the UEK-3000 downconverter does hear something.

Jerry, W6IHG